Provider Alert! TexMedConnect and EVV Portal AccessTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: July 25, 2023
Attention: Home Health Care Services Providers, STAR Kids Providers/Consumer Directed Services employers and FMSA Providers
Effective Date: January 1, 2024
Call to action:
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) would like to let providers know that Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) will be required for Home Health Care Services (HHCS) as of January 1, 2024.
The HHCS required to use EVV are found in the document, Programs, Services and Service Delivery Options Required to Use Electronic Visit Verification by January 1, 2024 (texas.gov). The EVV HHCS Service Bill Codes Table posted on the EVV 21st Century Cures Act webpage in Excel and PDF formats.
Next steps for providers:
All HHCS program providers and FMSAs that are new to EVV must register for a TexMedConnect account with TMHP. Click here for more information.
- Register for TexMedConnect
- Claims for EVV services will be submitted to TMHP through TexMedConnect or through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) using a Compass 21 (C21) Submitter ID.
- Access TexMedConnect through the TMHP website. To use TexMedConnect, you must already have an account on the TMHP website. If you do not have an account, set one up using the information provided in the TMHP Website Security Provider Training Manual.
- Program providers and FMSAs that need help setting up C21 or CMS Submitter IDs should contact the EDI Help Desk at 1-888-863-3638, Option 4.
- Request EVV Portal Access
- To access the EVV Portal, program providers and financial management services agencies (FMSA) must have a TMHP User Account.
- Program provider and FMSA staff must contact their TMHP Provider Administrator to request EVV Portal access.
- For full instructions, review the EVV Portal job aids on the EVV Learning Management System (LMS)
How this impacts providers:
- Program providers and FMSAs must submit all HHCS EVV claims to Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) starting with dates of service on or after December 1, 2023.
- Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) will reject any HHCS claims with EVV services and dates of service on or after December 1, 2023, back to the program provider and FMSA directing them to submit the claim to TMHP for EVV claims matching.
Next steps for providers: Providers should share this communication with their staff and ensure they register for a TexMedAccount with TMHP if one is not already made.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Relations at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts,log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.