What are Personal Care Services (PCS)?Texas Children's Health Plan
Personal Care Services (PCS) is a Medicaid benefit to help clients with everyday tasks. These tasks are called activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs).
Examples of ADLs are:
- Going to the toilet
Examples of IADLs are:
- Light housework
- Fixing meals
To get PCS, a patient must:
- Be 0 years to 20 years and receive Medicaid.
- Have a disability, physical or mental illness, or a health problem that lasts for a long time.
- Have a reason why his or her guardian cannot help with ADLs and IADLs.
- Have a Practitioner Statement of Need signed by a practitioner (physician, advanced practice nurse, or physician assistant) who has examined the patient in the last 12 months.
- Need help with ADLs and IADLs based on the Personal Care Assessment Form (PCAF).