Provider Alert! Correction to EVV Policy Updates Now Available for Alternative DevicesTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: September 21, 2023
Attention: STAR Kids Providers/Consumer Directed Services employers, and FMSA Providers
Effective date: October 1, 2023
Call to action: The purpose of this communication is to correct what was previously published.
Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) sent a GovDelivery notice on September 13, 2023 for the new and revised Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) alternative device policy. Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) published a provider alert upon receipt.
Correction explanation: The correction is to state that qualified members using the Agency Option or Service Responsibility Option (SRO) must meet all the conditions listed below based on the option they are using.
- the member’s service provider does not have a smartphone or tablet; and
- the member does not have a landline or does not allow the service provider to use their landline
The correction is also to state that qualified members using the consumer directed services (CDS) option must meet all the conditions listed below.
- the CDS employee does not have a smartphone or tablet;
- the CDS employer does not have a landline or does not allow the CDS employee to use their landline; and
- the CDS employer does not allow the CDS employee to use their smart phone or tablet.
Next step for Providers: These new and revised policies are outlined in the Alternative Device Policies effective Oct. 1, 2023 (PDF), located on the EVV webpage.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Relations at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts,log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.