Provider Alert! New Transportation Vendor for TCHP Members beginning June 1stTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: May 20, 2021
Attention: All Providers
Effective Date: June 1, 2021
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) will be changing transportation vendors for both Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) and Value Added Services (VAS) rides beginning June 1, 2021. Veyo will be replacing Health and Human Services Commission’s (HHSC) vendor Medical Transportation Management (MTM) and TCHP’s VAS vendor Access to Care (A2C). Veyo is a transportation broker that subcontracts with Independent Driver Providers and Transportation Network Companies (TNC) to provide a fleet of vehicles that can address the transportation needs of large service areas.
The process for members to schedule a ride are as follows:
1. Member will need to call 1-888-401-0170 to request a ride.
2. Members will need to provide:
- Name, Member ID, Date of Birth, and/ or eligibility address to verify eligibility of service
- Logistics of trip (will they have a guardian/attendant, language needs, COVID screening procedure, do they need a wheelchair accessible ride, etc.)
- Members scheduling transportation for health-related services within their Service Area will need to schedule rides with a two-business day notice. For members looking to go outside of that service area, they must give at least a five-business day notice.
- Note this constraint does not apply if members need access to treatment for an “urgent condition” such as getting home after a hospital discharge, or going to the pharmacy.
To learn more about Transportation Services at TCHP, click here.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: email@example.com.