Provider Alert! Acute Therapy ServicesTexas Children's Health Plan
Acute Therapy Services
- Requests for acute occupational speech and physical therapy services will require documentation from the prescribing provider that a visit for the acute injury or acute exacerbation of the medical condition requiring therapy has occurred within the last 90 days.
- Acute speech therapy authorization will not require evidence of current Texas Health Steps well checkup for therapy treatment requests of 60 days or less.
- Therapy services for greater than 60 days will require evidence that the member is current in their Texas Health Steps Checkup via
- Documentation of ordering provider attestation
- Copy of the current Texas Health Steps Checkup
- If evidence that the member is current in their Texas Health Steps Checkup was not submitted, therapy requests may be approved for a maximum of 90 days with medical director approval.
- After two 60 day authorized periods, any continued requests for therapy services must be considered under the chronic therapy sections of this guideline.
- Out-of-Network acute speech therapy services will also need to comply with TCHP Out of Network Services Guidelines