Provider Alert! EVV Cures Act Home Health Care Services (HHCS): Onboard NowTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: November 17, 2023
Attention: STAR Kids Providers/Consumer Directed Services employers and FMSA Providers
Effective Date: January 1, 2024
Call to action: Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) would like to remind program providers and financial management services agencies (FMSAs) who will be new to EVV, due to the Cures Act Home Health Care Services implementation, must complete onboarding and EVV Portal training by December 31. It’s recommended to complete the form as soon as possible to be able to practice using EVV before the January 1, 2024, implementation.
Next steps for providers:
- Complete onboarding with the state-funded EVV vendor system, HHAeXchange, by submitting the HHAeXchange Provider Onboarding Form.
- Complete the Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) Learning Management System (LMS) to complete annual EVV Portal training requirements.
- Program providers and FMSAs must submit all HHCS EVV claims to Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) using TexMedConnect, or through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) using a Compass 21 (C21) Submitter ID starting with dates of service on or after December 1.
- TCHP will reject any HHCS managed care claims with EVV services and dates of service on or after December 1, back to the program provider and FMSA directing them to submit the claim to TMHP for EVV claims matching.
Program providers and FMSAs who do not onboard with HHAeXchange before January 1, 2024, may be unable to record visits. Claims submitted without an EVV visit will be denied.
- For specific HHCS billing codes combinations that require the use of EVV, refer to the EVV HHCS Service Bill Codes table in Excel or PDF formats.
- Email HHAeXchange for onboarding questions.
- Email TMHP for EVV Portal training questions.
Next steps for providers: Providers are encouraged to share this communication with their staff.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Relations at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts,log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.