Provider Alert! Annual Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitative Services Training AttestationTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: August 2, 2021
Attention: Mental Health Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitative Services providers
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: This notice is to inform network Targeted Case Management Providers of their annual required training that is a contractual obligation.
How this impacts providers: Provider qualifications are as follows.
TARGETED CASE MANAGEMENT AND MH REHABILITATIVE SERVICES
- Be enrolled as a Texas Medicaid provider and compliant with Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 353 and Chapter 354
- Meet all current HHSC rules related to mental health Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitation.
- Undergo the Mental Health Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitative Services Training Requirements outlined in Chapter 15.3 of the Uniform Managed Care Manual Chapter (or its successor) before delivering services and provide TCHP with an attestation demonstrating compliance on at least an annual basis. Provider may begin delivering services before completing wraparound training if Provider demonstrates evidence of registering for the next available session.
- Submit authorization requests to TCHP for the type(s), amount and duration of services to be provided to Members in accordance with applicable regulations and guidelines for any service requiring authorization. .
- Develop a written recovery/treatment plan before the provision of mental health Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitation services within ten (10) business days after the date the Member is eligible and has been authorized for routine care services, including a description of the recovery goals and objectives based on the assessment.
Provider must review an individual’s plan prior to requesting an authorization for the continuation of services and provide any necessary documentation to TCHP with the prior authorization request to ensure compliance of Member and progress towards goals. All such documentation must be retained in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, and must be provided to TCHP upon request for review and/or audit purposes.
Next steps for providers: Qualifying providers must complete the training listed in the Texas Medicaid & CHIP – Uniform Managed Care Manual, Chapter 15.3, Mental Health Targeted Case Management and Mental Health Rehabilitative Services Training Requirements. Once training is complete, providers must submit the appropriate attestation form below to TCHP by emailing it to Credentialingresponse@texaschildrens.org or fax 832-825-8740.
Attestation form to complete on an annual basis is available here.
Attestation form to complete at the time of initial contracting with TCHP is available here.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts, log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.