Provider Alert! Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Cures Act Implementation January 1st 2021tcph
Attention: Financial Management Services Agencies (FMSAs)
Effective Date: 1/1/2021
Call to action: This serves as a final reminder that beginning January 1, 2021 all service visits for an EVV-required service must be captured in the EVV system. Federal law does not allow any further delays to implement the Cures Act EVV requirement for Medicaid personal care services.
How this impacts providers:
Program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers must complete the following EVV training requirements:
- EVV System Training before using the EVV system, and then annually.
- Clock In/Clock Out Methods Training before using the EVV system.
- EVV Policy Training by December 31, 2020, and then annually.
- EVV Portal Training by December 31, 2020, and then annually. CDS employers do not have to complete EVV Portal training.
- See the Cures Act EVV Required Training Checklist (PDF) for more information: https://hhs.texas.gov/sites/default/files/documents/doing-business-with-hhs/providers/long-term-care/evv/evv-required-training-checklist.pdf
Beginning Jan. 1, 2021
- All service visits for an EVV-required service must be captured in the EVV system.
- Claims without a matching EVV visit transaction accepted into the EVV Portal will be denied for payment.
- See the HHSC EVV Claims Matching Policy (PDF) for more information: https://hhs.texas.gov/sites/default/files/documents/doing-business-with-hhs/providers/long-term-care/evv/evv-claims-matching-policy.pdf
Next steps for providers:
Please be aware of the EVV Contact Information Guides and associated escalation paths. For technical system issues, contact the appropriate vendor, proprietary system operator and/or TMHP at the following email addresses:
- DataLogic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Data at AuthentiCareTXSupport@firstdata.com
For EVV portal and claim submission issues,
- Contact TMHP at email@example.com
For policy or EVV Operational issues,
- Contact: Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us
Contact information and associated escalation paths can also be found at the following link: https://hhs.texas.gov/sites/default/files/documents/doing-business-with-hhs/providers/long-term-care/evv/evv-contact-information-guide.pdf
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: firstname.lastname@example.org.