TCHP now accepts Outpatient Authorizations for many services online via Clear Coverage effective June 1, 2017Texas Children's Health Plan
✔ Tired of faxing authorization requests and medical records?
✔ Spending too much time on hold waiting to speak to an Authorization Specialist for non-urgent authorization requests?
✔ Looking for a faster, more efficient way to submit authorizations?
Why not submit your authorizations request through Clear Coverage?
What are the benefits?
- Easy, 24/7 online access to Clear Coverage.
- Receive real-time authorization status by viewing your office’s home page in Clear Coverage.
- Services are immediately uploaded into Texas Children’s Health Plan’s authorization for clinical review.
- Automatic APPROVALS may be obtained for Genetic Testing via online medical necessity review.
- Ability to upload medical records to support authorization requests.
- Verify member eligibility and benefits instantaneously.
- Ability to print proof of authorization.
How does it work?
- Access Clear Coverage through the Texas Children’s Health Plan Provider Web Portal.
- Take the online Clear Coverage training. Takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Schedule an on-site Clear Coverage Training by contacting your Provider Relations Manager.
Want to learn more?
- Visit the Texas Children’s Health Plan Provider Web Portal at www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers
- Contact your Provider Relations Manager today
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Provider Relations Manager at 832-828-1008 or toll-free at 1-800-731-8527 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.