Provider Alert! Addition of Bamlanivimab and Casirivimab/Imdevimab as a Texas Medicaid Benefit and for FDA Emergency Use Authorizationtcph
Attention: All Providers
Effective Date: December 15, 2020
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: Texas Children’s Health Plan would like to inform network providers that Texas Medicaid has added two medications, bamlanivimab and casirivimab/imdevimab, as outpatient benefits in response to the COVID-19 Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Both are monoclonal antibodies used to treat COVID-19 and should be administered within 10 days of symptom onset. Qualifications to receive this medication include the following:
- Mild to moderate coronavirus disease (COVID-19) with a diagnosis of U07.1
- Patients twelve years old and older
- Patients with a weight of at least 40 kg or 88 pounds
- Patients that are at a high risk of progressing to severe COVID-19 or requiring hospitalization
These medications are not recommended for patients that have been hospitalized due to COVID-19 or require oxygen therapy.
How this impacts providers: The following codes will be set up as payable:
- Bamlanivimab (Q0239) and the administration of bamlanivimab (M0239). It is an allowable drug for dates of service on or after November 9, 2020.
- Casirivimab/imdevimab (Q0243) and the administration of casirivimab/imdevimab (M0243). It is an allowable drug for dates of service on or after November 21, 2020. Casirivimab and imdevimab must be administered together.
Next steps for providers: Providers should share this communication with their staff.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts, log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.