Provider Alert! Child Psychiatry Access Network, free consultations for PCP’s caring for members with behavioral health concernstcph
Attention: Primary Care Providers
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) collaborates with the Child Psychiatry Access Network (CPAN) who offers free consultations for Primary Care Providers (PCPs) who see children within the state of Texas. CPAN is a network of child psychiatry access centers staffed by child psychiatrists who will provide pediatricians and other PCPs with live telephone case consultation as well as referral resources and training opportunities related to common child mental health concerns.
How this impacts providers: The CPAN Network consists of behavioral health professionals from the following universities:
- Baylor College of Medicine,
- Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas A&M University System Health Science Center
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso
- University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- The University of Texas Health Science Center McGovern Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Next steps for providers: Providers are invited to enroll in the CPAN in order to utilize the free consultation services:
- Please complete the short Practice Participation Agreement found at this link.
- Select your Health-Related Institution (or select “Other” as needed) from the list of available drop down options.
- Once you complete the form, your practice is enrolled and you can utilize our consultation services.
- If you have other questions about the program, please reach out to CPAN at 1-888-901-CPAN (2726).
If a Member or Member’s parent or legal guardian has expressed concerns about the following: anxiety, depression, autism, ADHD, complex ADD, grief, abuse, or other mental or behavioral health concerns and as a PCP you would like to consult a peer, contact CSPAN at 1-888-901-CPAN (2726). During the call, an experienced mental health professional can consult with you on the following topics:
- Assessment Assistance
- Diagnosis Verification
- Medication Management
- Reliable referrals in your area
- A resource list for your patients
Real-time consultation with a Psychiatrist is available within 30 minutes or less.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: firstname.lastname@example.org.