Provider Alert! 2024 Annual Hospitals Standard Dollar Amount VerificationTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: July 19, 2023
Attention: Non-Rural and Non-State-Owned Hospital Providers
Due date for the SDA Add-on Status Verification Form, if required: July 24, 2023
Call to action: Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) would like to inform providers about the 2024 Annual Hospitals Standard Dollar Amount Verification.
Background information: In accordance with Texas Administrative Code (TAC), §355.8052(d)(9), related to Medicaid Inpatient Hospital Reimbursement, hospitals may receive an annual standard dollar amount (SDA) adjustment based upon their trauma and/or safety-net designation. If qualified, hospitals may also receive a medical education add-on to their SDA. To comply with (TAC), §355.8052(d)(9), HHSC requires verification of the facility-specific information related to these SDA add-ons.
How this impacts providers: To ensure that each provider receives the appropriate add-on to its SDA, each hospital must review and verify that its facility-specific information contained in the following two files (also available with additional instructions on the HHSC Provider Finance Department website) is true and accurate:
- FY 2024 Statewide SDA Add-On Status Verification File (HHSC derived)
- FY 2012 Final Rule – IPPS Impact File IPUF (reference use only)
- If the add-on status in this file is not correct, the provider must submit the SDA Add-on Status Verification Form to inform HHSC of changes that should be made to correct the information contained in the verification files.
- For the revised add-on status to be considered for rates effective September 1, 2023, the SDA Add-on Status Verification Form must be completed and returned to HHSC at the email or mailing address contained on the form by July 24, 2023.
- If no errors are found in your hospital’s data on the SDA Status Verification File, no response is required. HHSC will calculate the facility specific add-ons for the hospital’s final SDA using the information contained in the file.
Next steps for providers: Applicable providers should adhere to the guidance outlined in this communication to validate their facility-specific information and submit a status verification form, if needed.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Relations at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For access to all provider alerts,log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.