Provider Alert! Site Verification Requirement for Texas Children’s Linktcph
Date: January 25, 2023
Attention: Texas Children’s Link Site Administrators
Completion date: March 6, 2023 or access will be denied
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: In order to protect patient privacy, every 6 months Texas Children’s requires that the Site Administrator for each Texas Children’s Link site validates that all of its current users are still part of its organization.
To perform your site verification, please log on to Texas Children’s Link and complete verification for your site prior to Monday, March 6, 2023. Sites that have not performed verification by this date will have their access removed effective Tuesday, March 7, 2023. Site verification must be completed by the administrator.
How this impacts providers: Please note the following regarding site verification (screen shots are included for illustrative purposes):
1. All users for your site will see a Site Verification notification upon their initial log in during the site verification timeframe (between 1/27/23 and 3/06/23). This notification will display regardless of whether your site has performed verification. After the initial log-in, users who are not a Site Administrator will no longer see a log in message and can reference the portal’s homepage banner for site verification information.
2. As a Site Administrator, if you have not yet performed site verification you will see the following notification upon each log in. This notification will continue until you perform site verification. To start site verification, log into Texas Children’s Link and click “Verify Now”.
3. As a Site Administrator, when you click “Verify Now”, you will be directed to the following screen. You can also access the screen by selecting “Admin” from the top menu bar, then selecting the tab called “Site Verification”. When on the screen, proceed as follows:
- Select “Yes” if the person listed is still with your clinic and still needs Texas Children’s Link access
- Select “No” if the person listed is no longer with your clinic OR no longer needs Texas Children’s Link access. When no is selected, please provide a brief explanation.
- Click “I Acknowledge & Verify” at the bottom of the screen
Next steps for providers: Site administrators are strongly encouraged to complete the verification requirement by March 6, 2023 to avoid having their access denied. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our Provider Relations team at 832-828-1004 (option 5), M-F 8a-5p, excluding holidays.
Please remember that this site verification requirement will take place every 6 months.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Relations at: email@example.com.
For access to all provider alerts, log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers