Provider Alert! Efficient Payment Option with Electronic Funds TransferTexas Children's Health Plan
Date: February 8, 2022
Attention: All Providers
Subject: Efficient Payment Option with Electronic Funds Transfer
Providers should monitor the Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) Provider Portal regularly for alerts and updates associated to the COVID-19 event. TCHP reserves the right to update and/or change this information without prior notice due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 event.
Call to action: The purpose of this communication is to remind Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) providers of the electronic payment option available to expedite payment transactions. If you are currently not enrolled with electronic funds transfer (EFT), continue reading to learn more. We strongly encourage you to transition to EFT and experience the many benefits with this payment option.
Benefits with EFT:
- Potential increased efficiency of payment processing between TCHP and providers due to support of auto-posting to billing/accounting system.
- Payments are automatically deposited into the provider’s bank account which can improve Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO) and operational efficiencies and no need to worry about paper checks in the mail.
- Providers that enroll with this option will continue to receive the associated electronic remittance advice (ERA) from their clearing house with the Change Healthcare Payer ID.
How to register for EFT:
1. Complete the EPayment Enrollment Authorization Form available here:
2. Once signed and dated submit the required Validation Paperwork with your Enrollment Form to EFTEnrolling@changeHealthcare.com or Fax it to 615-238-9615.
Resources: For questions about this Change Healthcare ePayment Enrollment and Authorization Forms, or if you need help accessing Change Healthcare Payment Manager, please call 1.866.506.2830.
Allow for a 15 day validation period to process this EFT form. Please be aware that the enrollment is not complete until the test deposit is confirmed.
Bank Security Information:
Change Healthcare (CHC) is committed to data privacy and security, and the prevention of fraud. CHC employs the latest intrusion prevention and fraud mitigation technologies to protect their clients. The fraud mitigation strategy includes specific authentication, identity and account verification vendor technologies, and robust internal fraud prevention protocols to identify potential fraud before processing payments to enrolled accounts.
Next steps for providers: Providers currently receiving paper checks are strongly encouraged to submit the Epayment Enrollment Authorization Form so that they receive payments much faster with EFT.
If you have any questions, please contact your Provider Relations Liaison or email TCHP Finance Department at: TCHP-Finance@texaschildrens.org.
For access to all provider alerts, log into:
www.thecheckup.org or www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/for-providers.
Leave a Reply