Provider Alert! Anywhere Care (Telemedicine): How to become a participating providerTexas Children's Health Plan
Attention: All Providers
Effective Date: March 20, 2020
In order to reduce exposure to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and slow the spread of the illness, Texas Children’s Health Plan is promoting the use of Telemedicine, a covered benefit. We hope you are able to adapt your practice to delivering care via telemedicine.
An increased use of telemedicine services will result in three immediate benefits:
- Preventing emergency rooms from being overcrowded.
- Limiting exposure among health care workers to infected individuals.
- Lessening the use of masks, gowns and gloves for workers by keeping families at home.
We also want you to be aware of Texas Children’s Anywhere Care, a telemedicine service that enables online doctor visits 24/7, through live video chat from a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
With Anywhere Care members can:
- Continue to communicate with doctors from their home, without having to go to a medical facility or potentially putting themselves or others at risk.
- Receive various services such as preventive health screenings and office visits for:
- Coughs & colds
- Fevers in children older than 8 weeks
- Pink eye
- General questions and more
To refer a TCHP member to Anywhere Care:
To become a Texas Children’s Anywhere Care provider and see Texas Children’s Health Plan members:
- Send an email to CredentialingResponse@TexasChildrens.org. Please note that Texas Children’s Anywhere Care is powered by Amwell.
To become an Amwell Telehealth provider and see a broader patient population:
- Use the following link to join https://providers.amwell.com/.
For other options, Texas Medical Association has compiled a comprehensive listing of telehealth platforms that are available to providers.
If you have any questions, please email Provider Network Management at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support and the care you provide our members.